Welcome to Relationships! Attached below you will find the course syllabus for the Relationships course. The syllabus outlines what topics will be covered, how you will be graded, and what your responsibilities are for the course. Please feel free to ask any questions!
remind.com code- scarel1
- Bloomsburg Fair
- Current Events
- Extra Credit Due the last day of each marking period- only one may be submitted per marking period
- Chapter 1: Growing and ChangingEssential Question: How do the changes that take place during adolescence affect your life?
- Development of the School-Age Child
- Chapter 2: Understanding Who You AreEssential Question: How does increasing independence during adolescence affect who you are and how you relate to others?
After completion of the chapter, you will complete the Treasure Book project.
For the Treasure Book contents you will need to:
- make a cover page that is personal to you,
- include the 6 pages given here,
- include a completed copy of the final "Reflections" page.
- place a completed copy of your Treasure Book in my folder on the Apps drive
- Chapter 3: Your PersonalityEssential Question: How is your personality formed and what areas of your personality might you want to improve?
- Ch. 4- Making Decisions
- Chapter 5 - The Roles You PlayEssential Question: What roles do you play, how do you get them, and how can you choose your roles?
- Chapter 6- Your RelationshipsEssential Question: What different relationships are you involved in and what factors in your life impact those relationships?
- Chapter 7- Communicating ClearlyEssential Question:What speaking and listening skills can you use to help you communicate clearly with others?
- Chapter 8- Coping with Conflict and StressEssential Question:What is conflict and how does it affect relationships? What are healthy ways to manage conflict and stress in relationships?
- Chapter 9- FamiliesEssential Question:What is a family and what is the role of the family in your life?
- Chapter 10- Parents as PeopleEssential Question:How do family structure and your position in the family life cycle affect your relationship with your parents?
- CHAPTER - 11 SiblingsEssential Question: How are the relationships among brothers and sisters affected by outside factors?
Birth Order Charctertistcs Helpful Links-
- Chapter 12- Facing ChangeEssential Question:How do change and crises affect the lifestyle of a family?
- Chapter 13- Building Positive RelationshipsEssential Question:What traits and good manners characteristics can help build relationships?
- Chapter 14- FriendshipsEssential Question:Why is friendship important and how do friends help you meet different levels of need?